1. Promote, build and expand parent/family engagement
2. Empower and support PTA members and leaders, and:
- Engage, grow and maintain membership
- Offer programs, services and resources that meet the diverse needs of children, families and communities
- Build greater awareness about the role, importance and value of PTA
- Simplify processes and make it easier to participate
- Promote and practice inclusiveness and cultural awareness
3. Represent, inform and mobilize members and the public to advocate for the education, health, safety and well-being of all children, with a focus on:
- Supporting the needs of vulnerable children
- Adequate funding for every child’s education
- Access to a full curriculum for every child that includes physical education, arts and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Highly effective educators in every classroom
- Standards, assessments and accountability that best serve every child’s needs
- Safe and positive school climate
- Healthy lifestyles and access to support services for physical, emotional, social and mental health
Adopted August 2013
PURPOSE OF THE CALIFORNIA STATE PTA
To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
To raise the standards of home life.
To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.